You A Culinary Ace?
1. Which of the following will prevent
potatoes from budding?
a) Refrigerating the potatoes
b) Placing an apple in the bag
c) Setting the potatoes next to a container of baking
d) Taking the potatoes out of the bag
2. What is the best way to prevent ice cream cone drips?
a) Wrap it in a paper towel
b) Dip the cone in olive oil
c) Roll the cone in sugar
d) Put a marshmallow in the bottom of the cone
3. When hard-boiling an egg, adding a pinch of salt does what?
a) Prevents it from cracking
b) Makes it cook faster
c) Brings the water to a harder boil
d) Makes the egg tastier
4. Which of the following keeps insects
out of the pantry?
a) Keeping a fresh flower in the pantry
b) Spreading baking powder on the shelves
c) Scattering bay leaves
d) Lining the shelves with plastic wrap
5. What is the safest way to defrost frozen food?
a) Leave it on the counter
b) Defrost the food on a plate in the refrigerator
c) Leave in oven overnight
d) Microwave the food
6. Fight garlic breath with all of the home remedies except...
a) Eat fresh parsley
b) Chew on a coffee bean
c) Eat a bowl of lime sherbert
d) All of the above
7. You added too much salt to a soup or stew. How do you fix the
a) Pour half the soup out
b) Add a peeled raw potato
c) Drop a teaspoon of milk into the soup
d) Water the soup down
8. What is the best way to store tomatoes?
a) On the counter
b) In the freezer
c) In the refrigerator