overlap - The worst thing you can do is be seeing someone before you tell your guy
that it is over. Plus your future partner will always have that doubt in his head. Will
you do the same to him?
4. Can we be friends?
- Don't expect to be friends after a break up.
Even if you were friends before you became intimate your friendship can never be the same
5. Let him have his
say - Don't expect to end it and him leave it at that, especially if it has come out
the blue. He will want to ask questions, try to talk you round. Let him have his say this
will give you the chance to explain in full why you want to end the relationship. Think
about how you would feel if you where the one being dumped you would want to ask
6. Don't do it in a public place
- Even if you don't like this guy the worse thing you can do is dump him in a public
place. It is the ultimate humiliation.
7. Write down how you feel
- Ending it face to face can be very
difficult. Write a letter explaining why you want to break up. But deliver it in person,
and be there to talk with him afterwards.
- More often than not when we try to end a relationship we are made to
feel guilty by the other which makes us stay and hate the person more. If you want out
then no matter how much he begs, how much he says he'll change, how much he has done for
you, stick to your decision before things get worse.
pick a fight
- The only way we pick a fight is to ease the guilt which makes the other
feel guilty when the relationship ends thinking that it is his fault. Again get straight
to the point and don't make him suffer more than he has to.
10. Leave as you would like to be
left - Being dumped is a horrible business so try to think about if you got dumped how
you would like it to be done. Do to others as you would have done to yourself. (great