Be aware of security and take sensible
10 Tips for a Safer Trip...
- Leave your jewelry and valuables at home if you can.
- Only carry as much money as you need for the day.
- Leave the rest, and at least one credit card, in the hotel safe
if one is available.
- Keep copies of your passport, insurance details and other
important travel documents separate
from the originals. It is useful to always have some
form of identity on you, such as a driving license
or a photocopy of your passport.
- Stay aware of what is going on around you and keep away from
situations where you do not feel
- Find out from your guidebook or tour guide about any local
- Keep up to date with local and regional events in the media.
- Dont take risks on holidays that you wouldnt take at
- If a situation looks dangerous, it probably is.
- Keep a note of the local U.S. Embassy phone number,
you get into trouble, contact the nearest U.S.